Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thing #21 Discover some useful tools for locating podcasts

I so want to podcast. I even bought a little headset thingee for my laptop and downloaded Audacity. Unfortunately, recording and editing something that's worth listening to takes time, and time is a precious commodity in my life right now.
I subscribe to a number of podcasts. It's easy for me because I have a Mac with iTunes and a teeny-tiny iPod Shuffle (the cheapest one they make). What's on my podcast directory right now?
Often, I'd rather listen to a good podcast than watch TV. I mean, what's on TV anyway? I pop in the earbuds and listen to 45 minutes' worth of an excellent feature article about the misadventures of migratory bird scientists evading crocodiles in Costa Rica... while getting stuff done around the house. Or I use my $14.99 car stereo adapter to turn my twice-weekly 2 hour round trip to Dunkirk into something much more enjoyable.

For this Thing, I checked out podcast.net, and found the TeenLinks Podcast from Hennepin County Library. I subscribed to it on Google Reader, to which I've returned after getting too disgusted with Bloglines. I think I'll link to TeenLinks from our TAG pages, and see if it inspires any of our teens...

No comments: