Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thing # 6:
Flickr Mash-ups & Third Party Sites

More Flickr fun! Seriously, somebody stop me!
Flickr Colr Pickr is good clean fun. I can also see where it would be useful when looking for stock art for a website or publication, letting you search for a pretty photo of just the right hue. Flickr Color Selectr is not as elegant, nor quite as accurate in matching the colors exactly, but I like that all the photos it pulls are "Creative Commons." The Pickr searches all public photos, which may or may not be rights-reserved. Selectr returns photos that you know you're allowed to re-use.
Here's a cool image in my favorite color, found on Flickr Color Selectr:



1 comment:

kdf_333 said...

yes. flickr is dangerous. i make myself check and reply to all my email before i go there. it is a lil addictive, but oh so much fun!